Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kamikaze pilot headband

Article about: by SHINDENKAI ...It refers to more than two people because they were joined in the same academy same time as a group. And correct me if I'm wrong, Taka-san ... the speaker is senior to the o

Ooops! Thanks Guy-san!

That should be in the third "section" of the song.

Taka

Larry, in my modest and humble opinion, that is a smashing piece.
    I love the construction, the cloth, its a beauty.

Here are the rest of the lyrics:

三、貴様と俺とは___同期の桜_____同じ航空隊の___庭に咲く

3. (Kisama to Ore to wa___Douki no Sakura____ Oonaji Koukutai no___Niwa ni Saaku) (You and me are the same Sakura. Blooming in the garden at the same air group.)

仰いだ夕焼け___南の空に_____未だ還らぬ一番機

(Aoida Yuuyake__Minami no Sora ni_____Imada Kaeranu Iichiban Ki) (Looking up at the sunset of the southern sky, the first plane does not yet return.)

四、貴様と俺とは___同期の桜_____同じ航空隊の___庭に咲く

4. (Kisama to Ore to wa___Douki no Sakura____ Oonaji Koukutai no___Niwa ni Saaku) (You and me are the same Sakura. Blooming in the garden at the same air group.)

あれほど誓った___その日も待たず_____なぜに死んだか___散ったのか

(Arehodo Chika atta___So no Hi mo Matazu_____Naze ni Shinda ka___Chiita no ka) (We promised about it, but the day didn't came. Why perished, fallen)

五、貴様と俺とは___同期の桜_____離れ離れに___散ろうとも

5.(Kisama to Ore to Wa___Douki no Sakura_____HanareBanare ni___Chiroutomo) (You and me are the same Sakura. Get seperated, fallen together.)

花の都の___靖国神社_____春の梢に___咲いて会おう

(Hana no Miyako no___Yasukuni Jinjya_____Haru no Kozue ni___Saite Aoou) (The city of flowers ----Yaskuni Shrine. On the treetop spring, lets bloom and reunite again....)

-The End-

Taka

Taka-san,

Thank you very much. I'm certain others who may chance to possess this pattern of tenugui/hachimaki will appreciate your efforts.

--Guy

?

Last edited by Stu W; 08-21-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Sorry StuW as I do not look at said WA or care to as this is my only forum I count on.
    You could post a copy of remarks and that may be of use.

Thanks Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I am most grateful for your translation efforts "Shindenkai"..this gives much meaning to the words and the person wearing it. Please correct me if i am wrong but..I feel it speaks of 2 pilots serving together waiting for the day to come ...to never return..but has not happened yet. When it does happen..they will reunite again in an eternal spring.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I am most grateful for your translation efforts "Shindenkai"..this gives much meaning to the words and the person wearing it. Please correct me if i am wrong but..I feel it speaks of 2 pilots serving together waiting for the day to come ...to never return..but has not happened yet. When it does happen..they will reunite again in an eternal spring.
    Thank you for the kind comments, Larry-San.

It refers to more than two people because they were joined in the same academy same time as a group.
    There was a famous saying amongst Kamikaze pilots (other military personnel) : 靖国で会おう! (Yasukuni de Aou) - See you (guys) at Yasukuni! So when they perished, their spirits will be united at Yasukuni. The pilots who have to "leave" earlier than some of their classmates often say it to each other, which meant they can' t fall together. Join in the same time and fall at the same time, but that didn' t happend sometimes. It's very hard to understand.

Reards,
    Taka

Mr Taka.....in your knowledge.....was there many other prayers or songs that were related to pilots?....to me by looking at the construction of this ..this particular example looks to have been cut from a long sheet. This example looks to have been more than one. Was this a common song / prayer among these pilots..and were there others? ....Sincere regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There were quite a few songs about pilots during the war, both IJA and IJN.

Here are some examples: 

ラバウル海軍航空隊 (Rabaul Navy Air Group) (IJN)
    ラバウル航空隊〠軍æ*Œ YouTube - YouTube

若鷲の歌 (Song of the Young Eagle) (IJN)
    若鷲のæ*Œ - YouTube

台湾沖の凱歌 (Victory Song of Formosa Ocean) (IJN)
    台湾沖の凱æ*Œã€€è¿ 江俊郎・朝倉春å*  日蓄合唱団 - YouTube

加藤隼戦闘隊 (Kato Hayabusa Fighter Group) (IJA)
    åŠ*藤隼戦闘隊 -Kato Hayabusa Fighter Wing- - YouTube

My personnel favorite is a song about IJA/IJN Paratroopers.

空の神兵 (God Army of the Sky)
    空の神兵 - YouTube

Hope they help.

Regards,
    Taka

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast