Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Katana identification

Article about: Hello all, Can anyone help me identify what type of sword this is. Someone said it was for pilots but I have nothing to back this up. It's shorter than the typical Katana's. Blade is ~23 inc

?

Katana identification
    It's your sword but, Plastic, wood, cloth, foam.
    Never on the edge Mike. On the Mune yes, The edge no.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Learning Phil. Thanks.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Mike please don't take my last post as busting your chops or your ball's. I have only been honoring/studying these on and off for about 30 years. Which is a drop in the bucket for some of the more esteemed Gent's here who have taken this as a serious part of their lives.I'm a student in learning on the construction and how they are made and their age. But I believe that the soul of the maker who prayed before making these has imparted part of his inner
    self into the blade and in such, The cutting edge should be respected and should be treated as such.

Semper Fi Buddy
    Phil

The blade really came out great. It is amazing to find that type of activity in an unsigned sword from that period. These things are razor sharp so never forget that. Always draw the blade on the mune as Phil said. Congratulations on a great find.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Congrats Mike! a Really beautiful Piece!.

Regards,Geoff

I cannot believe the difference. Fantastic!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone. It really is an ugly duckling story.

Phil: NP. I appreciate the lessons. Feel free to correct me anythime.

Bob: Moses is very sure the blade was shortened. I assume this might be the reason there is no signature (anymore)?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bob: Moses is very sure the blade was shortened. I assume this might be the reason there is no signature (anymore)?

That would make sense as the blade is far too good quality to be an unsigned wakizashi from the Muromachi Period. Such unsigned blades are mass produced and lack the quality of forging and temper your sword has.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Micheal, all I can say is WOW!!!! What an incredible job and what a fine blade!!!! That is a blade to be proud of. Can you send me the info about the fellow who did such a great job, I need to have Collins sword polished. Fine sword!!!!!! Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Marty,

His name is Moses Becerra of Nihontoantiques.com. check out his website for his work and background. Bob, Stu can probably provide you with more color as they have dealt with him often and referred me to him.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast