Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Katana identification

Article about: Hello all, Can anyone help me identify what type of sword this is. Someone said it was for pilots but I have nothing to back this up. It's shorter than the typical Katana's. Blade is ~23 inc

I have known Moses for nearly 30 years He is an artisan's artisan having learned polishing, saya making, handle wrapping, ,habaki making and lacquer work. All of this was learned directly from artisans I personally know in Japan. He is a man of many talents.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you Bob. For my son sword, which is not bad shape it is a want and not a need to have it restored and having to juggle cost vs value after completed work.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Very pleased to see such a fine sword brought back to life and another outstanding example of why it's best to have the likes of Moses Becerra or Bob Benson polish your blade.

Regards,
    Stu

?

As Bob mentioned Moses is a man of many talents.

At 6'6" and holding a 6th Dan in Kendo he's quite the formidable opponent!

Regards,
    Stu
    Katana identification

MAP
    ?

Quote by Stu W View Post
    As Bob mentioned Moses is a man of many talents.

At 6'6" and holding a 6th Dan in Kendo he's quite the formidable opponent!

Regards,
    Stu
    Katana identification
    And a very nice gentleman to boot.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Stu W View Post

...At 6'6" and holding a 6th Dan in Kendo he's quite the formidable opponent!

Katana identification

Wellllll .... he's *only* one foot taller than I. You know what they say: "The taller they are, the harder they beat the crud out of you." Especially in kendo.

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by Stu W View Post
    Very pleased to see such a fine sword brought back to life and another outstanding example of why it's best to have the likes of Moses Becerra or Bob Benson polish your blade.

Regards,
    Stu
    And if it was not for this forum, this never would have happened. I wouldn't of had the courage to buy it , I wouldn't have received the help to identify what is was and I would have been given the advice as to who to fix it.

Some other collecter would have bought it and it might have deteriorated to the point it was not restorable (which by the way, this blade was just one step away from)

So.....another piece of history saved for the next generation.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by MAP; 12-10-2015 at 02:50 AM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael thanks for letting me high jack part of your thread and asking questions concerning my sons sword.
    Thank you Bob and Stu for the information concerning this great artist(Moses)and his great skills. I will email him about Collins sword and start saving my money. Knowing that Moses is a 6th dan and my son is a 1st dan. That just makes me want to restore it even more.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

No problemo. If high jacking a thread helps someone else I'm all for it. Best of luck...i guess we will see the results in a year or so...LoL

?

I have really enjoyed this thread and the journey you have had with your sword Michael . Great to see the before and after photos , the ugly duckling has become a beautiful swan once more , a sweet looking blade .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast