Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Was Looking for help on this Japanese Field Cap

Article about: Wanted to know opinions on it. Also, could someone help translate the markings on the sweatbands, was looking to see if they were size, date, etc. Thanks!

Thanks everyone! Will start to look for a better one! I'm pretty new to WW2 Japanese Militaria so this is a big help! I'm assuming the cheese cloth is the white inside cloth that covers the green.

Quote by Ethan B View Post
    I'm assuming the cheese cloth is the white inside cloth that covers the green.
    Yes. The inside for an enlisted mans hat will have a whitish, cheese cloth liner - attached in key places with thread. It will also have two separate ink stamp blocks marked on it. The block on the left is where the owner(s) can fill in his name. The other ink block contains information about the manufacturer, the date, etc. The sweatband will be of quality leather/pigskin up until the last of the war.

But - heads up - there are tons of crappy civilian woolish caps of inferior materials and poor construction out there that people try and sell as "IJA" issue. What you don't want is a wool cap that someone put a hollow 3D star thru - those are NOT IJA issued.

Best to take your time, get opinions on here first and learn all you can about the real ones. I genuine IJA wool cap is a very nice, quality piece of military headwear and every WWII Japanese collector should on a good example - IMHO
    Good luck

Was Looking for help on this Japanese Field Cap
    Last edited by Long Shot; 08-11-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2