MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Looking to purchase a Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a ww2 Japanese army helmet, Type 90 or 92 (I believe those are the correct names). Any suggestions on which websites I should look? Been looking around myse

Default Looking to purchase a Helmet

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a ww2 Japanese army helmet, Type 90 or 92 (I believe those are the correct names). Any suggestions to which websites and/or vendors I should look at? Been looking around myself and haven't found to much!

Thanks

?

Once you've done your research eBay is a great place to find one

I just checked on eBay, there is so many fake ones advertised as real ones... Dear lord. Any other sites you can recommend for me to just browse through besides the two previously mentioned. I'm just looking to purchase my first helmet and I know very little about it. I'd rather pay the extra fee to buy one from a reputable dealer than from eBay and possibly buy a fake one! Thanks for the reply and your help!

You might take a look in the Collectors Guild-they usually have a few : http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Japan...Japanese1.html
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I have to agree with Hoffmavl, better to get a collectable item from a dealer, that makes it more difficult to purchase a fake item. But remember dealers can do mistakes aswell, so upload some photos on the forum before buying just in case

?

Other than the excellent sites mentioned....you can find some half dealer price army helmets on eBay if your patient. I'd be happy to send you links to correct examples via PM or emails. Your choice

The 2 sites that Russ gave you have nice, legitimate examples. If you want to pick one up before completing your homework, go to either of those and be done with it. I know DK well and his items are always first rate.
    MichaelB