Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M1938 Army tunic, information requested

Article about: Hello, I recently purchased this tunic, it is in really great shape, and I have a few questions. I was told that this is definitely an officer grade tunic because there are no lower pockets,

Default M1938 Army tunic, information requested

Hello,

I recently purchased this tunic, it is in really great shape, and I have a few questions. I was told that this is definitely an officer grade tunic because there are no lower pockets, allowing for the wear of a belt accompanied by a sword. I have not had any luck finding specifics online about the ranks on these shoulder boards, so, does anyone know what rank officer is this? Also, what does the stamp say? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1938 Army tunic, information requested   M1938 Army tunic, information requested  

M1938 Army tunic, information requested  

?

Default Re: M1938 Army tunic, information requested

The rank tabs are for a seargent,that`s all I can tell you.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks! Turns out that this is actually a Type 45 uniform, not M1938, I am pretty sure. So that would explain the officer confusion.

The sergeant's name is

大野良治

Ohno Ryoji

And it was manufactured in Taisho 10th Year [1921]

大正

Taisho Jyuu Nen Sei

--Guy

Guy, thank you very much! Being an older pattern and manufacture date, does this have more value or appeal? I have not been able to find many of these around.

Quote by clarkmilitaria View Post
    Guy, thank you very much! Being an older pattern and manufacture date, does this have more value or appeal? I have not been able to find many of these around.
    Sorry Clark, but I don't know anything about values ... I know a few kanji and can sometimes provide a ball-park guess of what is written.

--Guy

depends on the guy buying but i would say you would be looking in the 100- 150 dollar rang but i could be way off !!