Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mannequin of Japanese Soldier opinions please

Article about: My brother took the pics last weekend. Do you think this would be worth going to look at in person given the current price and assuming everything is all original as stated? Looks like there

Default Mannequin of Japanese Soldier opinions please

My brother took the pics last weekend. Do you think this would be worth going to look at in person given the current price and assuming everything is all original as stated? Looks like there might be a visor under the helmet. I do not know if there is a backpack or not. It is really not too far to go look at and take some additional pics if worthy. The visible items look pretty good but the devil is in the details as always. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for looking. My apologies not the photo turned sideways. I tried several times. I am also not sure why the helmet and backpack have hyperlinks to them. I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night.
    John

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mannequin of Japanese Soldier opinions please  

?

Two quick observations. I have concerns with glossy paint on helmet. Also, tunic collar tabs most likely added post war. Rest of items are common gear

?

Helmet is repaint, binocular post war? Probably if you buy all separately you can pay less .

?

Not worth it. Just the uniform for example would only cost about $50.

Thank you for all of the information and support. Saved me a run to figure out each item. I am missing several of the items need so thought maybe a good chance. I really do not want a winter (Wool) tunic & pants though.
    John

?

Look on eBay

?

an old picture of my friend Giro full equipped for China campaign

Your friend did a very nice job Type4. Thank you for sharing.
    John

Rod
    ?

Nice one Type 4

I'm guessing Guy would call him a 'Private No Class' (I know Guy, usually a Pvt 2nd Class).

You could get a pocket patch to gussy him up without intruding on his pristine tunic.

Collar tabs in the original poster's pic are upside down. Jareth is not wrong about those being added post war, good call!

Wink

Quote by Rod View Post
    I'm guessing Guy would call him a 'Private No Class' (I know Guy, usually a Pvt 2nd Class).
    (^___^)
    Rod,

I haven't heard that since retiring from the army! Thanks for the laugh.

-- Guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast