Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Matching Japanese NCO Sword

Article about: Hello all. Please see the pics below of a sword I'm considering purchasing. The seller wants \\$600 for this. I'd be willing to pay about \\$350 USD. What do you think would be a fair price? Tha

Default Matching Japanese NCO Sword

Hello all. Please see the pics below of a sword I'm considering purchasing. The seller wants $600 for this. I'd be willing to pay about $350 USD. What do you think would be a fair price? Thanks!

Matching Japanese NCO SwordMatching Japanese NCO SwordMatching Japanese NCO SwordMatching Japanese NCO SwordMatching Japanese NCO SwordMatching Japanese NCO Sword
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Matching Japanese NCO Sword   Matching Japanese NCO Sword  

To be honest I think he price is only slightly on the high side, but I'm quite new to this area. I think this one is pretty early, and was made in Tokyo, if I am learning correctly. It does looks like it might have been cleaned to me.

?

$650.00 is a fair price for this type blade. I see them go for $800 and more quite often. I do not think you have a snowballs chance in hell getting it for $350.00

?

Authentic Type 95 IJA NCO sword of the aluminum tsuka (handle), top latch, brass tsuba (hand guard) type made by Suya for the Tokyo Arsenal under Kokura administration. Assuming the sword is still tight and the blade is straight, free of twists and without significant damage to the cutting edge it will sell easily for the 600 asking price. In fact it might go for a modest amount more to a motivated buyer.

Should you wish to learn a bit more about this type of sword have a look at the linked thread ...

IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info

Regards,
    Stu

Thanks for the info everyone. $350-400 is my ceiling on this one. We will see what the seller says. Probably won't happen but every once in awhile I get lucky.

?

Quote by naptime View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. $350-400 is my ceiling on this one. We will see what the seller says. Probably won't happen but every once in awhile I get lucky.
    Please tell us what he says.

The seller has agreed to sell the sword for $450, which I know is a good deal. The problem is, I have such a small budget for this hobby that I don't love the idea of tying up that much money in an area of collecting that I know so little about and for which I'm not as passionate. I'm more of a german edged weapons enthusiast... I'm thinking about it...

That's a great deal for matching numbers NCO. You could always trade that sword for a german item you really want.

Yes that is ultimately what would happen. I just don't have many collector friends that focus on Japanese items. We will see.

?

Send me a PM if you wish. I have fingers in both (TR and IJA) pies and may be able to facilitate a trade or resale for you.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast