Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Men behind the sun (unit 731)

Article about: A truly cruel, naturalistic film. I have been thinking for a long time how to evaluate this film, because the films showing the torture of people and animals do not take me. Finally, especia

?

I did watch "The Photographer of Mauthausen" I thought it was very good. It was subtitled.

I liked how in the end when they tied all of his photo's to the real life photo's taken at it liberation. I believe those pic were shared here!!

Semper Fi

Phil

?

The director of that 731 film during his interview about the film, he said the film not yet reveals everything , only about the 10% cruelty .

?

chen_I think that even 10% is enough to imagine the inhuman behavior of this unit. I wouldn't want to see any more.

azphill, I like the photographer too, look at saul fia a very good shot for me. no special effects but excellent story !!!

I had not heard of this film prior to this thread. I found it horrifying, as most would. It's interesting that this topic had been subject to a fair budget (effects quite believable for 1988) feature film. Not for the faint of heart for sure; I found the scene with the mute Chinese boy very hard to watch. It was somewhat refreshing that the film did show snippets of humanity on the side of the aggressors (the beating of the officer). I watched the (most likely poorly) dubbed English version on Youtube.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2