Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mint Japanese Bayonet

Article about: I picked this bayonet over the weekend . Gary

?

Default Mint Japanese Bayonet

I picked this bayonet over the weekend . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Japanese  Bayonet   Mint Japanese  Bayonet  

Mint Japanese  Bayonet   Mint Japanese  Bayonet  

Mint Japanese  Bayonet   Mint Japanese  Bayonet  

Mint Japanese  Bayonet  

I don't follow bayonets- why would this have both Nagoya and Incheon stamps?

?

Bruce I'm not up on my Japanese military as much as I should be but I believe it's kaneshiro sakuganki Mark on the blade or as most call it the star k Mark. And the Nagoya arsenal Mark . why do they Mark them with two marks I don't know . Gary

I have to say that I am not too comfortable with this one. They are making literally Boatloads of replica and outright fake Japanese bayonets now- particularly from China- and many of them have spurious and/or nonsense stampings on them, and this one is disturbingly fitting the bill. Everything on this one is shouting "New"-even the odd stampings are totally untouched with any sign of wear or handling. A 5 minute Google for "Fake Japanese Bayonet" comes up with endless examples. I would not be happy with this piece in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wagriff I agree it is in great shape and I do see lots of repo but this is a known makers Mark. It does have handaling marks on it they just don't get picked up that great with my cell phone. I've looked at the repos and can't find one with this makers Mark on it .and I paid less for it then you can buy a repo so if it proves to be a fake then I didn't get hurt to bad .

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Bruce I'm not up on my Japanese military as much as I should be but I believe it's kaneshiro sakuganki Mark on the blade or as most call it the star k Mark. And the Nagoya arsenal Mark . why do they Mark them with two marks I don't know . Gary
    Gary, the "He" mark, which on swords is the Incheon Army Arsenal, is in the serial number on the end after the first "3". But since it's in the serial number maybe it's just a letter like when we mix numbers and letters on license plates?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Japanese  Bayonet   Mint Japanese  Bayonet  

?

Totally original but someone either replaced or stripped finish off grips. Far from mint

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Totally original but someone either replaced or stripped finish off grips. Far from mint
    And looks re-blued as well (actually doesn't look like a true blueing, maybe just the pictures)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks guys worth the 30 I have into it .