Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

more info up this badge

Article about: I think this Proficiency badge, start in use from year showa 9 , represented a patent of skill both to the katana that the bayonet, I can not understand the degree achieved by the color , an

?

Default more info up this badge

I think this Proficiency badge, start in use from year showa 9 , represented a patent of skill both to the katana that the bayonet, I can not understand the degree achieved by the color , any help is welcome

more info up this badge

下士官徽章
    銃、刀、、裏 ........ 金色
    面、蕊、 縁 ............ 銀色

NCO Badge
    Rifle, Sword, Petals, Reverse............Gold color
    Mask, Stamen, Edge ............ Silver color

第一種徽章
    銃、刀、蕊、 縁 .... 金色
    面、裏 .................... 銀色
    ............銅色

1st Class Badge
    Rifle, Sword, Stamen, Edge............Gold Color
    Mask, Reverse ........................Silver color
    Petals ................................................Co pper Color

第二種徽章
    蕊、 縁 ........ 金色
    銃、刀........銀色
    面、、 裏 .... 銅色

2nd Class Badge
    Stamen, Edge ............Gold Color
    Rifle, Sword ............ Silver Color
    Mask, Petals, Reverse............Copper Color

Hopefully Nick can fill us in on the kanji I can't make out (too fuzzy). [found it]

Added the mystery kanji: -- petals

--Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 08-08-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added the missing "*" kanji: 瓣

The NCO badge was presented annually by the Regimental Commander to a maximum of 3 NCOs per Infantry Regiment (1 NCO per Cavalry Regiment) at the end of the training year. Master Sergeants did not qualify for the badge and there were to be no repeated awards to the same individual.

EM badges were established in two Types, the Type 1 badge featuring the gun and sword in gold were for second year soldiers presented at a ratio of 1 badge for every 20 in a company. Winners were to be nominated by the company commander through a Jukendo match and awarded before discharge of soldiers in their second year of service. Cavalry members were tested for their skills in Jukendo as well as unmounted one-handed swordsmanship.

The Type 2 badge with rifle and sword in silver was meant for soldiers in their first year of service also at a ratio of 1 in 20 per company. Selection was to be made approx. after a full year of service through a match and also considering the daily service attitude.

All badges came with citations in the name of the regimental commander. They were worn on the left chest roughly at a height in the middle of the 3rd and 4th buttons. When multiple proficiency badges were to be worn, they were worn from left to right in the order of the award dates. However, when worn together with the marksmanship badge the marksmanship badge had preference (left side).

The presentations were made with the entire regiment in formation with the regimental commander presenting the NCO badge and company commanders the EM awards.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 08-08-2018 at 08:44 PM.

?

Default Japanese or not?

for an error i write here instead open other tread, sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images more info up this badge 

The fraktur/black-letter script with hunter-green background looks German; perhaps some sort of marksmanship Verein/club.

?

Is correct who in the late war that badge was make in aluminium ??

more info up this badge

more info up this badge