Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Muzzle cover.

Article about: Can anyone tell me if this is good and for what rifle it is intended and can the markings be identified? I've searched for this and have not had a lot of luck with gaining much information.

Here’s my one and only cover,no markings.

Marty
    Attached Images Attached Images Muzzle cover.  Muzzle cover. 
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice condition. Thanks for showing

The markings are most likely names of the inspectors at the Tokyo Arsenal where this was most likely made. Like Type4 shows the bottom cover will only fit the T-30 and the T-35 rifles. They have a shorter muzzle than the later T-38 rifle by about 1/4".
    This rotating type of cover was also made in plastic but few of these remain as they are very fragile
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muzzle cover.  

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Here’s my one and only cover,no markings.

Marty
    Unusual cover. There is normally a rivet on the end that secured the spring loaded plate inside. Does yours have the spring and plate at all?

Quote by arisakadogs View Post
    Unusual cover. There is normally a rivet on the end that secured the spring loaded plate inside. Does yours have the spring and plate at all?
    Type I japanese carcano

Japanese rifle muzzle cover

Here’s the link to the cover and the rifle it came from.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by arisakadogs View Post
    The markings are most likely names of the inspectors at the Tokyo Arsenal where this was most likely made. Like Type4 shows the bottom cover will only fit the T-30 and the T-35 rifles. They have a shorter muzzle than the later T-38 rifle by about 1/4".
    This rotating type of cover was also made in plastic but few of these remain as they are very fragile
    Many thanks for the info on the markings.

Thanks for the link. Can you look inside the cover and see if there is anything at the end of it or is it just empty brass?
    Here is what the end of one of these covers normally looks like. Inside there is a spring loaded disc that provides a bit of pressure to keep the cover in place.

?

Here are my rotating muzzle covers. L to R, Brass T-30/35; Brass T-38; brass plated steel T-38; Green plastic T-38, black plastic T-38; Green plastic, this only fits my P series VZ24, Brass T-46 Siamese rifle.

Quote by Don S View Post
    Here are my rotating muzzle covers. L to R, Brass T-30/35; Brass T-38; brass plated steel T-38; Green plastic T-38, black plastic T-38; Green plastic, this only fits my P series VZ24, Brass T-46 Siamese rifle.
    Very nice collection. Thanks for showing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2