Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first sake cup.

Article about: I have no idea what the writing says, but I was told it was something about the 12th Cavalry. I like it, and it fits the theme. Thanks for lookin and as always comments are welcome, especial

Thanks for the info Dave! You have a nice group of them too. Being Japanese, I rather doubt they were mass produced, is that accurate?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Thanks for the info Dave! You have a nice group of them too. Being Japanese, I rather doubt they were mass produced, is that accurate?
    They were mass produced with several designs to choose from for the 12th cavalry, and sold at a shop in front of the regiment's gate from a catalog. See here

Thanks Nick! Good thread with some good information in it. I feel like i will be getting some more of these.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Like it! Now you have to try it out

I had the chance to get a Paratrooper one a few year back. Didn't have the cash on me .....
    Do you recall the inscription on the cup, or the design? Quite a rare beast. I don't recall seeing an airborne related cup before.

Tom

MAP
    ?

Quote by tomp View Post
    Do you recall the inscription on the cup, or the design? Quite a rare beast. I don't recall seeing an airborne related cup before.

Tom
    Sadly no. I do remember it was shaped like half an egg and not very big. And I think it was a tan/earth color on the outside and white on the inside with a few small painted paratroopers and some writing.

It was a number of years ago.....so I am probably forgetting a lot of the details like the exact shape.

Edit: I think it is long gone. Maybe sold. But I will ask again next time I see him.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2