Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My First Sake Cups

Article about: Sake cups have never appealed to me until I saw these two for sale. They are still in their original box and still have the protective tissue paper. They appear to be made of some kind of me

Default My First Sake Cups

Sake cups have never appealed to me until I saw these two for sale. They are still in their original box and still have the protective tissue paper.
    They appear to be made of some kind of metal (not magnetic reactive). I'd like to know what youse guys think about these. Thanky!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Sake Cups   My First Sake Cups  

My First Sake Cups   My First Sake Cups  

My First Sake Cups   My First Sake Cups  

Those go for $45-$60 a set in Japan. They are commercially sold helmet shaped cups made to celebrate Japan's involvement in the Manchurian Incident. Thus the title on the top of the box lid says Mongolia-Manchuria, which is also featured inside the golden surface of one cup, the other cup saying Imperial Forces. The base of one cup features cherry blossom petals, while the other one features the word victory. I agree, nice attractive cups, if you are not a fan of the usual cups tied to specific units as discharge commemoratives. Bought as a souvenir in 1935 August, according to the rubber stamp on lid.

Thanks Nick. Takehito advised me that I would probably be paying too much for these but they are the only sake cups that have ever appealed to me. Oh well, they were worth it to me
    Takehito also said they were a souvenir of this pagoda at Port Arthur. The stamp sure looks like this photo!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Sake Cups  

Yes, here's the same stamp from 2 years eariier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Sake Cups  
    Attached Images Attached Images My First Sake Cups 
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-15-2018 at 12:17 PM.