Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My First Type 95 NCO Sword

Article about: Hi guys, This recently came up for sale and I could not resist It is my first item of IJA militaria, I will probably get a helmet, small flag and a few other small items like a canteen etc f

Default My First Type 95 NCO Sword

Hi guys,

This recently came up for sale and I could not resist It is my first item of IJA militaria, I will probably get a helmet, small flag and a few other small items like a canteen etc for a display eventually.

I believe it is a reasonably early war model produced in Tokyo. Matching numbers.

Any comments or observations welcome. I would be interested to know what the kanji mean on the scabbard throat and on the blade near the serial number.

Thanks to Adam for letting this one go.

Cheers,
    Andy

My First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO SwordMy First Type 95 NCO Sword

?

Hi Andy , that is a really nice example for your first Japanese sword . The kanji on the blade and scabbard throat are arsenal acceptance stamps . Have a look at Stu's super pinned thread on these type 95's

IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks for the compliment and the link Alan, I will check it out now. I could get addicted to these, I see there are a few variants to keep one busy.

?

I see you are very happy with it Andy, I am glad it has gone to a good home

Good sword nice to see the gloves. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks guys. The gloves are a must if anyone wants to handle this, it survived a war and decades of peace in great condition so I'm not having it go blotchy and grubby on my watch I have them pushed through the hanger loop so they are always with the sword. British Army issue gloves, NBC, liner. A great and dirt cheap option if anyone is looking for white cotton gloves.

?

Very nice early one buddy.
    You are right these are addictive.