Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My Fledgling Japanese Medal Collection

Article about: by Stu W Hi Joe, Looks like a nice Sen-sho (for wounds suffered in battle) Wound Badge you have there. Now you need the Ko-sho (non battle related) to go with it. I've read that many soldier

?

Hi Joe,

Have you determined what era that Kite is from? Meiji? Showa? Did you know that the level awarded was based upon the rank of the recipient? If not have a look here ...

Order of the Golden Kite - How to date them - Japan - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Regards,
    Stu

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Someone stop me! .....
    Joe:

STOP!

Hi gentlemen,

Please excuse my over enthusiasm! I just got a raise and I've gone on a little shopping spree to celebrate/ blow off steam.

Stu, I did some preliminal research before purchasing this one. I believe it to be from the Showa Period and I know the 5th class was awarded to junior officers.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hi gentlemen,

Please excuse my over enthusiasm! I just got a raise and I've gone on a little shopping spree to celebrate/ blow off steam.

Stu, I did some preliminal research before purchasing this one. I believe it to be from the Showa Period and I know the 5th class was awarded to junior officers.
    Joe,

Apparently you're NOT married! (^_^)v

--Guy

Hi Guy,

I do have a gf/ soon to be fiancé... I took her shopping this past weekend! She's preoccupied with her new clothes and shoes...

But in all honesty, the golden kite marks my last purchase for a while. I promise I'm stopping for real this time!
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 09-05-2013 at 03:40 PM.

The golden kite is in great condition too.

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    The golden kite is in great condition too.
    Thanks, Kevin!

The enamel is chipped and missing in spots, but I think it certainly is charming. Also, compared to others available and I think the price was too good to pass up. Here are some more photos provided by the seller:
    My Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal Collection

The longer second-from-top feather on the wings of the kite lead me to believe this example is from the Showa Period.

My Golden Kite arrived. Salty, but I appreciate the been there, saw that look. Can anyone confirm that it is from the Showa Period?

Just picked up this for cheap. I believe it to be a post-war Veteran Association reissue:

Here's more info from Rich Catalano's site.

--Guy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast