Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My japanese collection

Article about: Excellent collection!!! Thanks for posting the pic's.

?

Excellent collection!!!
    Thanks for posting the pic's.

Great display, whats for sale? haha

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Hi very nice display what is the small wooden box please with the winding handle as i have one myself and would love to know what it is unfortunately cant read Japanese.
    It is a Japanese Navy Megger Meter.

This is for testing Insulation and Resistance. It was made by the Yokogawa Electric Works Ltd (They are still around, as Yokogawa Electric Corp) under contract to the Tokokawa Navy Arsenal in October 1942.

The crank is to generate very high voltages in the thousands of volts (but low current) to test insulation of wires and generators/motors.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers,
    BOUGAINVILLE

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Hi Bougainville-san,

Impressive collections !!

Do you have a close up photo of the Yosegaki flag in the first photo?

Thank you for sharing.

Arigatougozaimas !

Cheers!
    Taka
    Hi Taka,

Here is a close up of my Yosegaki flag. I think that it belonged to a Kazuo Nakajima. This flag was taken near Torokina on Bougainville by US forces sometime during or after November 1943.

If one could only be able to read all of the well wishes from friends and family as it would give it body and soul and bring it to life.

Cheers,
    Robert

My japanese collection

?

Nice. I would be interested in the info you posted on the "command saber". I could not make out from photo; I have a similar that I call a occupation sword, from Korea I believe.

Regards

Very nice!

?

A lot of work to do a display that size. Nice collection.

Quote by drdata View Post
    Nice. I would be interested in the info you posted on the "command saber". I could not make out from photo; I have a similar that I call a occupation sword, from Korea I believe.

Regards

Here is a brief on both parade swords:

Japanese Naval Officers Command Sabre with Regulation IJN parade Sword Knot.

Guard carries raised floral and 5 petal Imperial Naval Blossoms as well as the Toyokawa Naval Arsenal (anchor stamped blossom) and Suya Shoten manufacturers stamps. IJN Naval Blossom decorated Brass and Gilt double ring hanger scabbard.

The Suya Shoten firm made musical instruments as well as swords and sword fittings so that is the reason why their maker's logo is a part of their name kanji stylised to look like a harp.

Japanese Military Commanders Sabre with Samurai Fujiwara Family Silver Mon to handle back-strap.

Handle carries raised floral and 10 petal Imperial Military Chrysanthemums of the 8 blossom design carried by Generals and Commanders.

These swords were carried from the 1890s till the end of WW2

Cheers,
    Robert

?

Very impressive collection!

I must admit that i have started to find these japanese militaria more and more interesting.

?

Welcome to the Forum and nice Collection.

Greg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast