Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Japanese helmets

Article about: by col james hi kevin chang heres some more pics what do you think it could be? As I said this is M1 style liner It was change in post-war NICE COLLECTION!!

Default My Japanese helmets

These are my japanese helmets
    But I have not got the japanese original paint one...
    All shell are real.Large size.

Smile Re: My Japanese helmets

nice collection! looks like the Japanese left behind alot of helmets at the end of WWII and the Chinese made good use of them.

wonder if the North Vietnamese used these type of helmets? did the PRC supply the NVA with these also?

I heard the NVA used mostly Eastern European steel helmets

Default Re: My Japanese helmets

Quote by battle gear View Post
    nice collection! looks like the Japanese left behind alot of helmets at the end of WWII and the Chinese made good use of them.

wonder if the North Vietnamese used these type of helmets? did the PRC supply the NVA with these also?

I heard the NVA used mostly Eastern European steel helmets
    Vietnam was colonial by France before wwii and occupation by Japanese in WWII.So there has alot of France and Japanese equipment behind in Vietnam after WWII.

So I think those helmets are not supply by PRC.

ted gentile
    ?

I hope that I have correctly uploaded my pics! If I have not, please advise me and I'll try again.

I am wanting information about the helmet pictured if anyone can be a help. I have spent the better part of the afternoon on the web trying to identify the helmet and I'm just not sure what it may be.

I purchased it at a local flea market this morning from a gentleman who said it was his war souvenir from the Vietnam War.

Thank you for any info and help.
    Ted and Bonnie Gentile

PS
    The photo of the crest(?) on the notebook paper is a stamp inside along the edge. Also, the leather liner is stamped with the number 66 as well. Is that the size?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Japanese helmets   My Japanese helmets  

Attached Images Attached Images My Japanese helmets 

ted gentile

your helmet is a Swedish M26

these were made in 3 sizes:

66, 69, 72

66 = size small

http://www.gostak.demon.co.uk/helmets/sweden.htm

http://www.webalice.it/jaberon/Swe_M26.html

http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

I heard these were mostly used by the Swedish Civil defense

the seller lied about it being a souvineer brought back from Vietnam

the Swedish M26 is worth less than $20 and has very low collector value, some people use them to make fake WWII Japanese helmets with nets & covers
    Last edited by battle gear; 06-28-2010 at 01:24 AM.

ted gentile
    ?

Thank you for the info and your quick reply back to my post.

He had along with the Swedish helmet a GI steel pot he claimed to be his own brought back from Vietnam. I've lost $10 on the purchase of both helmets and 100% respect for him and the story he cooked up.
    I have enjoyed this forum though, glad to have found it in my hunt for info on the helmet. Thanks again.
    PS
    I am not new to collecting(just helmets) and understand "buyer beware" and thought it better to take a chance of $5 than to pass it up.

hi battle gear can you id this for me please it has the same top 4 ventilation holes as the type 90 any idea's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Japanese helmets  

My collection of japanese helmet

Quote by col james View Post
    hi battle gear can you id this for me please it has the same top 4 ventilation holes as the type 90 any idea's
    This is japanese helmet but has changed the M-1 style liner . Maybe for south korea or thailand in postwar.

hi kevin chang heres some more pics what do you think it could be?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Japanese helmets   My Japanese helmets  

My Japanese helmets  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast