Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new field cap for review

Article about: Hello Friends, This field cap just found a new home, and i thought i would share it with you. I also would like to ask for your help. Is this a private purchase or issue cap? As always all i

Default My new field cap for review

Hello Friends,

This field cap just found a new home, and i thought i would share it with you. I also would like to ask for your help.
    Is this a private purchase or issue cap? As always all input is appreciated.

Have a good day,

Mart

My new field cap for reviewMy new field cap for reviewMy new field cap for reviewMy new field cap for reviewMy new field cap for review

Hello all,

No opinions?

Take care,

Mart

?

a late war civilian cap. Star placement is unusually placed high on cap. Is it sewn on? Looks glued on almost

Quote by Jareth View Post
    a late war civilian cap. Star placement is unusually placed high on cap. Is it sewn on? Looks glued on almost

Hi Jareth,

Thanks for your input, i've given the cap a thoural inspection and can give some details that might help. The cap is made
    of a two layer construction, a outer shell and liner of a woven material. The patch is sewn on to the outer layer of the cap.
    I was able to separate the woven material of the liner and see the backsides of the stitches used to secure the patch.
    IMO the patch was on the cap before the liner was sewn inside. The thread used to sew on the patch, and construct the
    rest of the cap is the same. (does'nt show well in photos, but does when in hand.)
    BTW can anyone translate what kanji is left on the tag?

Take care, Mart

MAP
    ?

If my wife wasn't watching TV and tomorrow wasn't mothers day, I've have her come down two flights of stairs and ask her what the translation is....but I ain't tempting fate...

Maybe Monday if someone doesn't come by first.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    If my wife wasn't watching TV and tomorrow wasn't mothers day, I've have her come down two flights of stairs and ask her what the translation is....but I ain't tempting fate...

Maybe Monday if someone doesn't come by first.

M
    Thats funny! Tell her i wished her a happy mothers day before you ask.
    Thanks for your reply,

Mart

MAP
    ?

Sorry....wife did not recognize the character but then again I may have used up some goodwill in asking on mothers day....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sorry....wife did not recognize the character but then again I may have used up some goodwill in asking on mothers day....
    Well thanks for trying Michael, i appreciate it!

Mart

MAP
    ?

Any time. Maybe will try again when she is in a more receptive disposition. LoL

Rod
    ?

Hi Martin,

Oh boy... EM/NCO field caps have large issue stamps on a cotton muslin/cheese cloth style liner, they also have thread loops around the outside for a havelock. Officers field caps were custom made and had bullion stars about the same size as the EM caps. Even with construction materials changing from early war to late the Japanese adhered to issue stamps for military clothing, it's always the first thing to look for. EM's caps also had the grommets stitch sewn for the side vents and adjustment ties. There isn't a chance any exception to the above is an army cap.

Rod