Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mystery helmet

Article about: I got two helmets from Java a few weeks ago, one is a regular looking T90 but the other one was just weird; I'm thinking it could be either civvie or one of the pre T90 hemets. However, it's

?

Wow! Thank you for the images.
    The fellow who kindly sold me the helmet said that it was from Surabaya (interestingly enough he said he got it from a random gardener who didn't know what it was). Very interesting about the blue paint, I guess it is almost certain it was used by the Indonesians after the war.

I guess an interior ministry or civilian helmet somehow ended up in Indonesia... very strange. I guess it would be hard to determine without wartime photos or some sort of documentation.

Ah Surabaya, thank you!
    About the paint, i think during the indonesian revolutionary war, the indonesian forces utilize 4-5 color. Just like in the attachments, there's black, blue, light green, dark green, and red.
    And about documentation, it's a bit tricky too. And i only found 1 clear photograph back in 1947 which depict rikugun T90 Fotocollectie » Een militaire wapenshow door Republikeinen na een grootscheepse manoeuvre, Solo/ . And 1 collector in the surabaya have the T90 helmet along with original color and liner too. Different with my T90 which repainted light green and relined and have kaigun type rivet. Hope this can help again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery helmet   Mystery helmet  

The Japanese helmet was used in great numbers by the Indonesians. Here are some more photos where they wear the T90 helmet.
    It was a dirty war, fought in a dirty way by BOTH sides.

Mystery helmetMystery helmetMystery helmetMystery helmet

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    The Japanese helmet was used in great numbers by the Indonesians. Here are some more photos where they wear the T90 helmet.
    These pop-up advertisements are a problem -- they tend to either block some responses ..... or add comic relief. Right below your comment a funny -- and somewhat apropos -- advert was appended. The whole thing looked like this:

3M Clear Bra Protection
    So I was thinking .... using a T90 as "Bra Protection" was humorous!

--Guy

And the coincidence thing is, the shape of T90 is fit enough in becoming "bra protection". The other would be British Mark II para. And everytime i imagine it, i imagine xena and she's wearing double T90 on her chest.

You guys cracked me up, LOL!

Taka

Okay fellas ..... I don't have access to Photoshop until Monday. Until then, I leave you with this "Double T-90":

And use your imagination!

--Guy

?

I do not think that sword is WW2 period
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    I do not think that sword is WW2 period
    Sword? ..... What sword?

LoL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2