Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery katana

Article about: Hi guys. I have a Kitana, and supposedly it's WW2. My fiance got it from a friend, and says that it has trace DNA on it. Itdoesn't have any signs of forging ie. folds grain, but I know a lot

Default Mystery katana

Hi guys. I have a Kitana, and supposedly it's WW2. My fiance got it from a friend, and says that it has trace DNA on it. Itdoesn't have any signs of forging ie. folds grain, but I know a lot of general army Kitana were poured molds at that time. It's a full length, and was in a set with a longer one and a shorter one. It's just taking up space, so I want to know if I should sell it, or clean it up. I don't want to do anything to it, in case it is authentic. Can anyone help me? If someone can just point me in the right direction, it would be a huge help. Thx

please post pictures and welcome to the forum. do not consider trying to "clean it up" as you will likely only damage it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I agree with Bob, photos are necessary to be able to assist you.
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread will help you to figure out how to post them.
    Ralph.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It certainly is a mystery

Welcome to the forum!

Stormwolf323 -
    We are all awaiting your pictures. What happened? Without pictures, this is a worthless thread. You came here so at least reply so we know what is going on.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I'm betting the DNA on it is his own....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Still a big mystery.

First of all, it doesn't give me an option to add any pictures, or they would be here. Secondly, I have this thing called a life. In said life, I also have what's known as a job, where I work, to make money to pay my bills. I am not allowed to use my phone there. When I'm not at work, I'm always busy, so I don't check my email every ten seconds. Thirdly, the sword is my fiancé's, and I know very little, besides what she and her ex (who has the other two pieces) has told me. I was told it had DNA on it,whether that be true or not, I don't know. I originally came here to get an idea if it would be worth paying an appraiser $400+, to tell me what the sword is worth. In the absence of pictures, just a suggestion of where to go, even a general heading. However, if this is a bunch of smart mouth snot nose parts, perhaps I should go elsewhere, where there are adults.

?

I mean, if you cant provide pictures for a free appraisal then the people here at the forums cant help you. Please, take a careful look at the tutorial rbminis provided. Uploading pictures here, i agree, is somewhat unconventional, it takes some time to learn. But once you can upload pictures you can do that for other pieces too. Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all, does it?

As for the life, we can't read your mind to see when you're busy and when you're not. Take in consideration that other people are spending their free time, too, helping you. And I can assure you, that from what I've seen every person on this forum is very mature apart from the few laughs that a certain person likes to have

-Bas

MAP
    ?

And the people that offered to help are foremost experts in this field.

If the sword is a typical wartime NCO katana, the $400 appraisal fees you were going to pay is not much less than the value of the sword.

So, let's just reset....and start over.

And if you still need help uploading pictures, just ask.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast