Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Naval Aiguillettes

Article about: Here are just a couple of Naval Aiguillettes I have in my collection. Here is a Silver and Gold. Silver is the more uncommon, worn by members of the Imperial Family while the gold is worn by

?

Hi Nick,
    thank you for your additional information on the aguillettes. It is true that, especially in the contemporary Japanese movies on the pacific war, not too much study was spent on historic correctness in uniforms. But then we can hardly blame the producers when the oroginal wartime pictures sometimes showed officers wearing their aguillettes incorrectly too. Here pictures where admiral Itoh wears it correctlystraight under the collar, but Captain Kami wears it like your modern movie pictures. Regards, pieter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Naval Aiguillettes  

?

Quote by Gulik View Post
    Hi Nick,
    thank you for your additional information on the aguillettes. It is true that, especially in the contemporary Japanese movies on the pacific war, not too much study was spent on historic correctness in uniforms. But then we can hardly blame the producers when the oroginal wartime pictures sometimes showed officers wearing their aguillettes incorrectly too. Here pictures where admiral Itoh wears it correctlystraight under the collar, but Captain Kami wears it like your modern movie pictures. Regards, pieter
    I cannot seem to get the pictures straight. I import them straight, but they come out sideways. Any help to do it right next time is welcome

The correct position was to hang it on the collar hook, not the first button position, so at least your man wears it higher than where the first button would be on a buttoned tunic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2