Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NCO Gunto (?) in Java. Should i buy this?

Article about: That is a great possibility..as in the Edged Weapons Forum..we encounter endless mismatched knives and bayonets..to their scabbard counterpart..I would not doubt that the same thing happened

?

Hi All,
    IMHO, the tang Nakago, does not even resemble a type 95 issued blade (sword).
    So i concur with all who stated this to be NON Japanese.
    With the atrificially aged 'crap' coming from China, i'm inclined to see this as another example.
    To see what i mean, please refer to Ohmura's website, where you can clearly see the shape of the tang for a machine made and issued type 95 blade (sword).
    /Ernst

Thank you again. I checked that website too, trully marvelous.

?

Always buy the absolute best you can afford. Hold out for the best. Find it & if out of budget ask about payment installments. Upgrading Is hard. no one wants to buy your mistakes.

Thank you sir, i'll always remember that!

Feldgrau what part of Java was this sword found in? central or east? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I dont know exactly from which part he got sir, but from his blog, his address is in magelang town, central java. Maybe he got that gunto from surrounding there similar when i got my mortar shell from the similar seller.

Could this be a Dutch sword..as there were Dutch colonies there..prior to WW2.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I already checked it in this site sir Nederlandse Sabels but there's no dutch sword have a shape of blade like that.
    I've been thinking, could it be there's some possibility that this blade was manufactured by the indonesian during the revolutionary war. Maybe they make some imitations of the gunto during that period.
    Below a photo from that period depict a dutch soldier checking an officer (?) gunto belong to the TNI

Fotocollectie » Evacuatie republikeinse troepen uit het door het Nederlandse leger bezette gebie

?

The scabbard dosnt look japanese.

Pardon which one? The one in the photograph above or the one in the 1st post?

Regarding scabbard, after i read gunto's comment and comment from larry c's, i decide to check again about the connection with the dutch sword pre-WW2. And i found the scabbard sell by the seller is similar in shape with Sabel koninklijke marechaussee m1913 [010] Sabel koninklijke marechaussee m1913 . And the hole emplacement in the scabbard is similar with Sabel politie inspecteur M1940 [058] Sabel politie inspecteur . Could it be during those period after making this gunto, someone putting dutch style scabbard in here?
    This is getting confusing and interesting in the same time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast