Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NCO Serial Ranges

Article about: Hey guys, does anyone know if there has ever been a list compiled of known NCO Japanese sword serial numbers. I looked on the net for a while today and no dice. Thanks

Default NCO Serial Ranges

Hey guys, does anyone know if there has ever been a list compiled of known NCO Japanese sword serial numbers. I looked on the net for a while today and no dice. Thanks

Jerry,

The Fuller & Gregory book has a basic graph of serial number ranges and the aresenals they were assigned to, but my brother has the book. I will text him for a pic of the graph and post when I get it.

There might be individual collectors compiling such a list for their own fun of it, but I've never seen a published list outside of the F & G book that people could contribute to as they see or collect Type 95's. That would actually be a cool webpage to set up wouldn't it!

I think it would be helpful. We can trace back most German items through compile databases.

Where would we set it up? Maybe as a "sticky" thread?

?

I would recommend writing to Jim Dawson if you find nothing further here. He might have some information from the research he did on his sword reference book. He can be found here:

http://www.stenger-scott.com

Tom

Thanks, ill send him an email. Seems most of the signed blades are fairly easy to trace but not so much is put there on the arsenal blades. A sticky would be a decent idea.

I do know a collector who keeps record of every NCO serial number he finds. Its a very impressive list when I looked at it. I can get you in touch with him. Just send your contact info via PM.

Charlie