Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying & translation

Article about: I have no idea what this card is.I think it could have been taken off of a soldier because it came with a helmet and gas mask my grandfather bought at an estate sale. I have been able to tra

?

Default Need help identifying & translation

I have no idea what this card is.I think it could have been taken off of a soldier because it came with a helmet and gas mask my grandfather bought at an estate sale. I have been able to translate and identify the stamp stuck to the bottom as a price control stamp thanks to a sticky on this forum, and it looks like the woman is in wedding clothing, but that's all I know. You can see what looks like faint ink stains on the back, like another card was stacked below it.
    Hopefully someone here will be able to translate this and tell me if it's of any importance.
    Thanks

?

I can't seem to post the images. I am sent to the mobile site when I try to upload the photos.

?

There we go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying & translation   Need help identifying & translation  

You got yourself some fabric item from a Japanese wedding dress. The stamps on the left side says wedding bonnet not included. The brand is Kotobuki brand. It could be a label from a hair wig, judging by the need to mention the bonnet, which in Japanese is called the "horn-hider", as all Japanese women are supposed to show their devil's horns once married.

?

Thanks for the info! I remeber it was stuck in this book when I found it. It doesn't seem like it was meant for an English speaker to use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying & translation   Need help identifying & translation  

Need help identifying & translation   Need help identifying & translation