Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NEED HELP Japanese flag

Article about: Hi, Would appreciate if someone could tell me what this flag was for. It measures 38 and a half x 28. Double sided. Fringes on three sides. Annoyed from this ads?  

Thanks for the help guys. This banner bares the sun ray flag does that mean anything? I do not know much about the Japanese items.

?

I don't know about the flag, but I believe that the Sanyo electronics company wasn't founded until some time in the 1950s.

Quote by Erno View Post
    I don't know about the flag, but I believe that the Sanyo electronics company wasn't founded until some time in the 1950s.
    Thanks for the correction, Erno. Not only was I wrong about SANYO the electronics company incorporated in 1950, they use different kanj: 三洋 [three oceans]; not the 三陽 [three sun lights] on the original poster's flag.

I apologize for my incorrect speculation.

--Guy

So are we back to the drawing board on this? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the rising sun flag used for military reasons or use? So maybe this is military related?

Quote by navycollector View Post
    So are we back to the drawing board on this? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the rising sun flag used for military reasons or use? So maybe this is military related?
    No, we are not back to the drawing board. It is still a youth group flag -- only a different company name than what I erroneously translated. Again, I'm out of my depth here, but I'd say the rayed-sun is not necessarily military-only; however, the only example I can come up with (other than yours) is the Asahi Newspaper flag:

Yours is definitely a YOUTH flag. I've seen others, but just can't find them on google. My Google-Fu is weak, Grasshopper!

--Guy

?

Yes. Common youth flag. WW2 period

Default Tatoeba [For example]...

Finally found another youth flag. This one does not have the eagle. Still, it is a civil youth flag. Hitachi [same Hitachi as today] company-attached private young men's school youth flag from 大井 Ōi.

私立日立大井青年學校
    Shiritsu Hitachi Ōi Seinen Gakkō
    Hitachi Private Youth School [in] Ōi
    Attached Images Attached Images NEED HELP Japanese  flag 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2