Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need some help Japanese Uniform

Article about: If at all possible, could I get some help identifying and especially reading the stamps on the inside of the tunic and on the pants, that came with it. From reading the forums informative po

?

Default Need some help Japanese Uniform

If at all possible, could I get some help identifying and especially reading the stamps on the inside of the tunic and on the pants, that came with it.
    From reading the forums informative posts, I believe that it is a 3rd Pattern, Tropical Summer Tunic, a Senior Private and Maybe an Osaka Branch inspection stamp. I know that the stamp is almost gone/light, but I think the pants stamp is much clearer. Also, there seems to be some bluish writing next to the stamp in the 2nd box of the tunic. Would that be the soldier's name?, Unit?
    Thanks

Need some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese UniformNeed some help Japanese Uniform

Rod
    ?

Hi Obal7!

The pants are Type 98, size 4, dated 1939. The jacket is Type 3, Medium size, dated 1942. They are for summer/tropical use, the rank is superior private. A very nice set! Congrats.

Regards, Rod

?

Hey Rod!
    Thanks for the info. Do you think the faint blue ink, next to the size box, is the soldier's name and Unit? Same for the same box writing on the pants?
    Again! thanks for your help.
    Dave

Rod
    ?

Hi Dave,

The "empty" stamp is a name tag so yes, your uniform was issued and the soldier wrote his name in.

On the other issue stamp the left side is the name of the depot, the center column is the date and the one on the right is the size. The Type 98 stamp is the oval one on the pants, it says 98 Type from top to bottom. Type 98 sizes run from 1 to 6 with 1 being the largest. Type 3 sizes are marked small, medium and large only.

Regards, Rod

The trousers with the Hiroshima Arsenal stamp is to
    田澤久彌
    Tazawa Hisaya

The jacket with the Osaka Arsenal stamp is to
    石井
    Ishii
    This is written in faint blue ink ... I cannot read his first name.

--Guy