Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Helmet

Article about: Hello All,Finally had time to play with my camera a bit.I am fond of Civil Defense helmets and enjoy the diverse assortments of them that pop up now and then.Here is an example I haven't run

Default New Helmet

Hello All,Finally had time to play with my camera a bit.I am fond of Civil Defense helmets and enjoy the diverse assortments of them that pop up now and then.Here is an example I haven't run across before.Very low quality materials mostly reinforced fabric. A slight German appearance to it overall very lightweight and not much more protection than a soft cap ... at least it was something..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Helmet   New Helmet  

New Helmet   New Helmet  

New Helmet  

MAP
    ?

That's a first for me Geoff! Both helmet AND color!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is a first for me as well! I don't know if the outside color is the original or a repaint if it is a repaint it was done a long time ago as there is quite a bit of crazing in different areas so the paint has been there for a long time.The scratches do not reveal a different color underneath?? The outside appears to have been coated with a type of plaster or filler material to give the outside a smoother texture as opposed the the fabric layers on the underside.I may have spoken too soon about the protection level of such a helmet upon more thought it is quite similar to the fiberglass layers used for boats and modern Kevlar helmets which use mesh layers laminated with a hardener...???

Named to
    小野澤
    Onozawa

--Guy

The label [adjusted to read from left to right] says:

防衛
    Bōei To [I'm not sure if kabuto should be pronounced "to/toh" as I have it ... but "to/toh" flows off the tongue easier than does "kabuto."]

Kuni

I can't read the bottom of the label.

?

This is from Nakata Book your like this is in pressed wood

New Helmet

Nice photography Geoff. I believe there is a civil defence currently for sale on Bay State Militaria in case you are interested. https://www.baystatemilitaria.com/WWII/DSCN3048w.JPG