Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

new japanese navy sword

Article about: HI,THANKS FOR THE REPLY AS IAM NOT SURE IF THE TANG HAS BEEN CLEANED AS YOU WOULD THINK IF IT WAS THE BLACK PAINT WOULD HAVE COME OFF ?NOT SURE BUT I THINK MAYBE NAVY BLADES WERE MADE DIFFER

?

Default Re: new japanese navy sword

thanks steve,thats nice to know!can i get your opinion on the last picture i posted witch do you like better as the tassle color goes,the one thats on it now/darker in color,or the one that came with it its lighter?thanks as not sure if iam keeping both unless i get another navy.. its driveing me crazy i just dont want to regreat the tassle for the color...

Hi, Pammy !

Put on the one that you like best, and hang on to the other in case you do find another sword.
    I actually like the brown too, but the green one matches the grip material................

Regards, Steve.

?

thanks steve!! i will do that as iam looking at a couple on e-bay..what do you mean by green?

Quote by pammy View Post
    i still cant make my mind up as to witch looks better but iam thinking the darker co co color one does?

The one that is on there now, the dark one, looks real nice to me, as it seems
    to match the grip material ! ( My computer screen is on 100% brightness,
    but is still not bright enough....... ! )
    Is the 'brown' one actually 'red' ? ! ?

I'm wondering if the colour of the tassel has something to do with what branch
    an Officer was in ? I don't know a whole lot about them................

Regards, Steve.

The dark brown tassel is the correct one for your sword. The lighter brown tassel is for Army swords of all officer ranks after they discontinued the multi-colored rank designation tassels mid-war. The Navy tassels were always just the dark brown. Jim

?

Thanks jim,i guess the next sword i will go after will be a army ,right now its just keeping my japanese navy dirk company,,,

?

Just in case someone reads this old thread, the sword in question is not a Japanese naval sword. It is a postwar souvenir sword sold in the U. S. Army's Post Exchange (PX). For more details, see the thread below.
    NLF Gunto Discussion

Quote by Kiipu View Post
    Just in case someone reads this old thread, the sword in question is not a Japanese naval sword. It is a postwar souvenir sword sold in the U. S. Army's Post Exchange (PX). For more details, see the thread below.
    NLF Gunto Discussion
    But composed of genuine "old stock" stain-resistant, polished, sharp blades; scabbards; and fittings. Not to be confused with the junk 模擬刀 / 飾り刀 "mogi-to/kazari-to" [simulated swords/ornamental swords] sold in PXs since the 1960s through to today.

-- Guy

-- Guy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4