Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's Diary

Article about: I've attached photos of a diary that belonged Dr. Kijima Yoshio who served in the army during WWII. If anyone could provide me with additional information about the diary I would appreciate

?

Default Officer's Diary

I've attached photos of a diary that belonged Dr. Kijima Yoshio who served in the army during WWII. If anyone could provide me with additional information about the diary I would appreciate it, as well as possible avenues for translation. Thanks.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Diary   Officer's Diary  

Officer's Diary   Officer's Diary  

Well .... the only thing that is within my capability is the thick kanji in the middle image which looks to be a motto/aphorism:

任務完遂
    自彊研鑚

Ninmu Kansui
    Jikyō Kensan

Mission Accomplished
    Strenuous Effort, Diligent Study

--Guy

The diary is from September 1941 about operations in China. Though he did not take part in it he refers to the Battle of South Shanxi, etc. His handwriting is quite decent, so professional translators won't have problems with legibility. Finding someone with military knowledge is the only difficulty in getting a sensible translation.

?

Thank you Guy!

?

Here are some additional documents that were enclosed within the diary, including a newspaper with the war cabinet.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Diary   Officer's Diary  

Officer's Diary   Officer's Diary