Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Orginal Japanese Naval battle flag

Article about: Wanted to share my All hand stiched Jap navel flag w/the foroum . Hope you guys like. You dont see these very often. Has a couple small moth holes but not to disracting. When i 1st got this

Default Re: Orginal Japanese Naval battle flag

These large cotton flags are actually less seen than the Silk ones. Nice flag and in excellent vintage condition.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks scott, was tryin to pazazz it up a little. glad you like it.deadeye

Wagriff, think these cotton flags are earlier in the war. or not necesserly, for a hand stiched flag . the qaulity of the stiching ia amazing. very evenly done. deadeye

?

What a super example , congratulations on your find ! I love the multi piece construction flags and yours is in fabulous condition
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    What a super example , congratulations on your find ! I love the multi piece construction flags and yours is in fabulous condition
    Al thanks for the kind words. bought this few years back,I look around from time to time. encounterred very few orginal navel battle flags. there more prevelent on the west coast of US. since they where fighting in the pacific. as a matter fact this is where this one came from.the guy i got this from ,said he has owned a few over the years, but they were getting more difficult to find.happy to have this thanks deadeye

I love your flag, it's really gorgeous. I am very interested in purchasing something similar, but I am new to collecting and I don't know of any reputable dealers and I want to avoid fakes.

Can you point me in the direction of a reputable source to purchase a flag like yours? Or perhaps you might be interested in selling it?

Quote by Stevecru View Post
    I love your flag, it's really gorgeous. I am very interested in purchasing something similar, but I am new to collecting and I don't know of any reputable dealers and I want to avoid fakes.

Can you point me in the direction of a reputable source to purchase a flag like yours? Or perhaps you might be interested in selling it?
    As a new member, please follow forum proceedures and address personal business by PM and not on a thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thats a army flag !

?

Quote by Gunto View Post
    Thats a army flag !
    Hi Thomas,

I wondered about that too and that's why I asked to see a full photo as well as learn the dimensions. Still waiting.

Perhaps the hinomaru is more offset than it appears to be but without knowing how much of the fly is folded under, if any, I can't tell for sure.

Regards,
    Stu

I had wondered that myself. The photo does enlarge, though, and under magnification, it does, definitely look to be a centered(Army) sun. An excellent flag in either case.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast