Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pilot's flag?

Article about: Howdy! I recently acquired this flag at a flea market, where the seller told me that it was a pilot flag. He said the outer filling caused it to float if a pilot was downed in a water landin

?

Default Pilot's flag?

Howdy! I recently acquired this flag at a flea market, where the seller told me that it was a pilot flag. He said the outer filling caused it to float if a pilot was downed in a water landing. I wasnt sure if he was right or not but figured he was just making up some bull to get the price up but it only turned out to be $30.
    Is it a pilot flag?
    Pilot's flag?Pilot's flag?

?

Whoops! Upsidedown pic. I guess it doesn't matter what orientation they're in since they're flags but it's the largest meatball on the right.
    Thanks
    John

Not anything that I've ever run into-flotation devices for a shot down pilot's flag? Definitely unusual!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I've read of flotation marker flags before and believe they do exist although I've never had one in hand.

Do you also own the flag with kanji in the center of the group of three?

Regards,
    Stu

?

Yes, I do. It had it's own thread a while back.
    Beautiful Japanese flag

?

Yes it's an army aviation float flag. Originally had a collapsible , telescopic flag pole with fabric case that was designed to fit in aviators float vest pocket