Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Please Help identify this Japanese sword

Article about: I just purchased this sword and I am having a hard time finding anything like it. The blade is engraved and the handle is brass. The blade has never been sharpened. I do not know if it is an

Default Please Help identify this Japanese sword

I just purchased this sword and I am having a hard time finding anything like it. The blade is engraved and the handle is brass. The blade has never been sharpened. I do not know if it is an older reproduction or if it was some type of presentation sword. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please Help identify this Japanese sword   Please Help identify this Japanese sword  

Please Help identify this Japanese sword   Please Help identify this Japanese sword  

Please Help identify this Japanese sword  

I am going to guess that this is likely a Chinese copy.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

chinese copy,no guess.

Chinese fake,the attached images are of another varient that i bought a few years ago ,,same markings and number on the blade
    Please Help identify this Japanese swordPlease Help identify this Japanese sword

?

Fake of the NCO shingunto. And its not even close.

Heres a link:
    Non-commissioned officers Gunto 1935 (Type 95 GuntM)/title>

Sad sad very sad.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I would suggest you study geuine examples of what a Japanese sword looks like-preferably in hand. When you do, you will realize that this acid etched blade looks nothing like a genuine Japanese sword. Can you return it for a refund?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Another way I've identified these in the past, is looking at the throat and bands on the scabbard. Often the fakes will have flimsy almost sheet metal brassy looking pieces. Also, keep an eye on the blade temper marking. After a little study, you'll easily be able to tell the difference between simulated and real tempering. Many fakes do a bad job with this detail.

Still, as just a decorative piece, this sword is kind of neat looking even if not original. I've seen much worse/uglier.

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Still, as just a decorative piece, this sword is kind of neat looking even if not original. I've seen much worse/uglier.
    This is the buttom of fakes. Its so bad.

Horror,
    first one is fictional piece, made of poor metal corrosives coated.
    NCO shingunto looks like a badly made ​​toy.