Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?

Article about: Hello, I picked this one up on ebay. Can anyone tell me whether it is authentic WWII issue? Also are there any issues with it. Lastly my concern was the star on the front has a minor hole in

Default Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?

Hello,
    I picked this one up on ebay.
    Can anyone tell me whether it is authentic WWII issue?
    Also are there any issues with it.
    Lastly my concern was the star on the front has a minor hole in the middle of it.
    Does it look OK/Original to the helmet?
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?   Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?  

Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?   Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?  

Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?   Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?  

MAP
    ?

Looks ok to me. Haven't seen that hole before and while others my disagree, I see no problems with it. The star looks fine otherwise and the liner looks good to. Paint color is difficult to tell from pictures but I see no problem.

Are there 4 tiny holes on the top?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks legitimate from here!
    Regards,
    John

You picked up a nice type90. No problems with this helmet. You need to post close pictures of the name for translation. You did well. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

A decent condition Type 90. The hole in the star looks rough-like it may have been binked by a tiny bit of shrapnel. Nice find, if the price was good, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Anton, I almost outbid you on this one , I was watching it also, you got a fair price IMO for the condition, the hole in the star looks like some pitting or rust, but it is without a doubt original to the helmet, it definatly has the been there look, im still searching for my first, post pics when you get it. Congrats!

I was nosey, The price you paid was a good price. Good deal you will be happy with it. Max you should have placed one more bid.. Just maybe it would be on your self. Can't you just hear the wife..." WHAT ANOTHER HELMET!!!!!" Marty

MAP
    ?

While a bit off topic, I find it funny that for every 100 German helmets I run across here and there, I see maybe one Japanese. I have views on why but it is what it is. Just a random thought after two fingers of Scotch :-)

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They are all buried in caves with their owner on islands all across the Pacific. No surrender. Sad but true.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    They are all buried in caves with their owner on islands all across the Pacific. No surrender. Sad but true.
    Yes, that was my thought as well....just left it unsaid.

But given the relatively smaller supply of these helmets, I always assumed they would command a higher premium...that said they are by no means cheap. Glad I got mine a number of years ago when prices were quite lower.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast