Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Please help - wwii japanese helmet - authentic?

Article about: Hello, I picked this one up on ebay. Can anyone tell me whether it is authentic WWII issue? Also are there any issues with it. Lastly my concern was the star on the front has a minor hole in

Thank you for all of you input.
    I mostly collect US helmets.
    I also have a few German lids.
    I wanted to have a nice example of a Japanese helmet for my collection and it looks like I did OK on this one.

To keep off topic for a minute, I would expect Japanese helmets to command a higher value than German or US helmets as, like you guys said, there seems to be fewer of them to be found. The seem to hang around in the $450-$500 range.
    I have heard that one of the reasons that they are scarce is that the left overs were melted down after the war for their steel.

MAP
    ?

Quote by anton67 View Post
    Thank you for all of you input.
    I mostly collect US helmets.
    I also have a few German lids.
    I wanted to have a nice example of a Japanese helmet for my collection and it looks like I did OK on this one.

To keep off topic for a minute, I would expect Japanese helmets to command a higher value than German or US helmets as, like you guys said, there seems to be fewer of them to be found. The seem to hang around in the $450-$500 range.
    I have heard that one of the reasons that they are scarce is that the left overs were melted down after the war for their steel.
    Maybe I visit the wrong sites and I haven't looked in ages but I see these go for more - $700 to $800. But maybe that's just the retail "asking" price.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I got my one for £300 a few years ago. Lots of kanji writing on my one. Nice lid anton67

MAP
    ?

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    I got my one for £300 a few years ago. Lots of kanji writing on my one. Nice lid anton67
    I think that is a very good price. But maybe my understanding of the prices of these is just wrong.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have been recently looking at ebay and other forums.
    On ebay they sell in the $500-$600 range with original liners.

I think I paid around $600 for mine as well --- that was from a dealer (albeit a dealer that doesn't overcharge as much as most) so I guess you should be able to pick them up for a few hundred below that if you only keep on searching. Nice one this though, untouched and dusty... good to see no apparent signs of sweaty collectors hands or overeager cleaning in the name of "preservation".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2