Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

prayer flag/banner

Article about: Not sure if this is military related or not. my friend has said he believes it to be a prayer - he is not sure but thinks it is something buddhist related - a prayer before death to make way

Default prayer flag/banner

Not sure if this is military related or not. my friend has said he believes it to be a prayer - he is not sure but thinks it is something buddhist related - a prayer before death to make way to the next life? He also notes something referring to nuclear bomb. Does anyone else here follow/confirm this? It has repairs to it making me think it important to the original owner. thanks Joe C.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture prayer flag/banner  

Yes, it is a post war streamer from the Nichiren Buddhist Sect (Tina Turner is a Nichiren follower)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nichiren-sh%C5%AB
    The first line says one should spread the holly sutra, "Nanmyohorengekyou" to all corners of the world. Nothing to do with death.
    And yes it mentions both the atomic and hydrogen bombs, but the last part of that sentence is too faint and out of focus to make out.
    It appears to be a streamer from a Buddhist Rally for nonproliferation of nuclear arms.