Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Propaganda used in the Asian theater

Article about: Hello guys, I picked up a large grouping of items from the South Pacifc earlier n the year. In the grouping there are several propaganda leaflets that were dropped from bombs and/or planes.

?

Default Propaganda used in the Asian theater

Hello guys,

I picked up a large grouping of items from the South Pacifc earlier n the year. In the grouping there are several propaganda leaflets that were dropped from bombs and/or planes. Here are a few. They have translations with them also.

Sorry for the duplicates and their arrangement, I am having trouble loading the correctly.

Hummel

Re: Leaflet showing surrendering German soldier and a swasticka and eagle in flames.

黒雲病風と共に日本々土に飛来す
    Kurogumo-byō kaze to tomoni Nippon Nippon tsuchi ni hirai su
    Black cloud sick wind, together with Japan, has flown to the soil of japan

Possible alternate kanji readings: Koku'un-byō fu to tomoni Nippon-Nippon do ni hirai su

I based my "-byō kaze" reading on the below reading [which means I'm most likely wrong!]
    臆病風 【おくびょうかぜ】 (n) loss of nerve

Anyway, I look forward to a corrective lesson from Nick (^__^). I'm certain I've got things "bass-ackwards".

--Guy

It's 疾風, Guy. A gale

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    it's 疾風, guy. A gale
    d'oh!
    Attached Images Attached Images Propaganda used in the Asian theater 

?

Good work Guy. I got these and several more in a large grouping of paperwork, interigations, photos of bombing runs from the planes onboard cameras. It even came with the translations of the propaganda that was in the collection. I should have mentioned that earlier before you put the hard work of translating the leaflets. The grouping is from the 308th bombardment wing. The translations come from the Psychological Warfare Branch. Below are both sides and the translation. I do not know how the translation fits though,ll which side is which portion. Maybe you can help out there Guy.

Thanks,
    Hummel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Propaganda used in the Asian theater   Propaganda used in the Asian theater  

Last edited by Hummel; 12-23-2016 at 04:34 AM.

?

Is this a photo of propaganda leaflets being dropped or something else? I can not tell what it is exactly. Maybe someone out there can figure it out. Look in the top center portion of the photo.

Thanks,
    Hummel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Propaganda used in the Asian theater  

Quote by Hummel View Post
    Below are both sides and the translation. I do not know how the translation fits though,ll which side is which portion. Maybe you can help out there Guy.
    The translation is accurate and pertains to the front side that shows the German soldier surrendering.

--Guy

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    The translation is accurate and pertains to the front side that shows the German soldier surrendering.

--Guy
    Thank you Guy.

I have several more and their translations I will post when I have time if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Hummel

Thumbs up

Interesting leaflets. I never saw that indonesian ones before. Especially asking the head of village for their cooperation.
    If you don't mind, these is the translation:
    Top right:
    The allied force today is strong. We already gain
    power in air and sea. Japanese already ...
    because experienced massive losses of manpower and material
    in the pacific ocean.
    In sum Japan don't have any hope to win.
    Today the time has come ...
    where to the japanese will run, he will dead!!
    Brother can you help us!
    You can help with might and idea.

1. Run to the sea or mountains together with your wife and skilled person. Don't get caught by the japanese.
    2. Do not work in the japanese place. If threatened with violence, work slowly.
    3. Hide food, vehicle, boat, ...
    other stuff which needed for battle ...
    which can be retrieved by the japanese.
    This is the voice of the netherlands east indies government
    Forward this message to your friends who can be trusted.
    Join us!!

Below left:
    Secret
    Head of village,
    Please follow this mail courier to the place which someone needed assistance. Give advice to this person (the mail courrier i think) to keep this as secret and don't told this to the others. Ask him to tell his household to keep it secret too when they do that. They'll be rewarded.
    If you can hid and help that person, you will be rewarded when we return to indonesia, which will happen soon. Because we will build a massive force which can expel the japanese and will return the freedom to you and your nation.

Below right:
    Brothers in Indonesia
    The allied forces already starting to liberate your nation. They already occupied Hollandia (Jayapura) in April 22nd, seized Wakde in May 17th and landed in Biak in May 27th.
    Together with the allied forces who got that victory is the officers of the Indonesian and Netherlands Government. That officers is employee from NICA.
    Their job is to help the leaders of the allied forces in the government issues.
    Those gentlemen come help you with food, medicine, clothing, money and other necessities.
    NICA personnel will always follow the forces which will make new landing.
    SO, WHEN THAT TIME COME, COMMUNICATE WITH THEM. THOSE MEN WILL ALWAYS HELP YOU.

Below the airplane picture:
    Allied planes which took part in this attack is not intended to attack you. But to the companies which used by the japanese soldiers only.
    Don't improve the companies which used by the japanese soldier e.g. harbor, airport, roads and bridges.
    With not helping the japanese, they won't get food and medicine and they will kill themself or killed by us.
    When so many companies improving, so many too the allied planes will bomb it.
    DON'T WORK FOR THE JAPANESE SOLDIER.