Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rank badges

Article about: I hope we can start a new discussion for known better the develop of rank badge Start for the left part of the picture we see the first pattern, than the type 98 (1938) rank badges end the t

?

Default rank badges

I hope we can start a new discussion for known better the develop of rank badge

rank badges

Start for the left part of the picture we see the first pattern, than the type 98 (1938) rank badges end the type 3 (1943) rank badge

When start the use of first pattern rank badge?
    The stars position in the type 98 and type 3 had an official regulation (experimental badge type 14 with central stars and type 17 with decentralized stars ?

Thanks for any help

That one on the far right should be rotated 180ยบ. It would have been worn on the left collar.

--Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images rank badges 

Stars appeared on Army rank insignia first as shoulder straps in 1906 after they finally overcame Emperor Meiji's resistance towards updating army uniforms. See post #10 of this article for more background on the difficulties they had with His Majesty.
    The rest, I summarized as below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rank badges   rank badges  

Nick,

What about this warrant officer rank? It's mounted on a board covering Private ~ General, and is placed between a regular WO shoulder strap (no star) and a 2LT shoulder strap. Perhaps a "trial baloon"?

Not mine.

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rank badges  

?

The 774 imperial edit make only the layout of stars or is the date of introduction of type 3 bevo collar tabs?
    Thanks

Guy,

That was a rank added above WO in 1917 and existed until 1920. That rank counted as an officer. Master sergeants with more than 2 years of service left were selected for an exam, and those that passed were sent to a special course in the officer's academy. In October of 1917 new boards for this rank were newly established as shown below. Only 3 years in existence makes it a rare board, I think.

Vielen dank, Nick. I've passed your information on to the owner.

Hmmmmm .... what *DON'T* you know??

--Guy

Quote by Type4 View Post
    The 774 imperial edit make only the layout of stars or is the date of introduction of type 3 bevo collar tabs?
    Thanks
    Bevo tabs were available from the Type 98 and obviously those tabs also got updated to the Type 3 design from 1943. However, Bevo tabs were regarded as prototypes and they did not replace the wool tabs, which remained the official specs. The bevo tabs seem to get specified for use on tropical uniforms.

?

The scraps of cloth called hoes that indicated the specialty based on color were introduced in 1906? Thanks
    rank badges

Yes, they were introduced at the same time, but to call it a hoe (farming tool) is a ridiculous mistake. The original Japanese word is Kuwagata 鍬形 in which the first character, Kuwa can also mean hoe, but the actual naming of the collar tabs comes from the antlers of a Samurai helmet which was called Kuwagata.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 07-18-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast