Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

is this a rare kind of rayskin on a shin gunto?

Article about: hello i got offerd this katana[shin gunto] whitch has a really nice background history but i was wondering is this a rare kind of rayskin or is it just the oldness this piece has other pics

Default is this a rare kind of rayskin on a shin gunto?

hello

i got offerd this katana[shin gunto] whitch has a really nice background history
    but i was wondering is this a rare kind of rayskin or is it just the oldness this piece has

other pics will follow after purchase
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this a rare kind of rayskin on a shin gunto?  

Default Re: is this a rare kind of rayskin on a shin gunto?

i have asked the owner houwe come the rayskin so yellow

he answered me back whit the vet loved smoking sigars and that the sword hang in his studdy/hobby room
    so it is NICOTINE damn thougt my granddad smoked a lot

?

During WWII a large number of military as well as civilians smoked, as a result you will find military items with smoke stains on them.
    In Germany the black market economy through the late 40s ran on cigarrette exchange.

in japan they must held there sword clean at all times even the same as a german soldier whoult maintance his rifle

but i found out it also could be a plastic rayskin type as this is an early made katana whit waterproof grip[something like the english radios back then]

cheers

oh i bought something else a whakizashi from the 19th century
    in good mounting i`ll show it later this week