Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real WWII Kamikaze headband?

Article about: Hi guys, Long story short, about an hour ago I lost an auction on Ebay for a supposed Kamikaze WWII headband. The seller wasn't sure if it was a headband or "body scarf", and noted

?

Default Real WWII Kamikaze headband?

Hi guys,
    Long story short, about an hour ago I lost an auction on Ebay for a supposed Kamikaze WWII headband. The seller wasn't sure if it was a headband or "body scarf", and noted it was from an old estate sale. I should have came here first before I placed a bid, but I lost, and I'm pretty bummed right now. I'll attach two pics below, if it turns out to be not an authentic one, I'll feel a lot better! Any ideas? I got it translated on a Japanese forum, and someone said the front means "Kamikaze/Divine Wind", and the smaller symbols mean: "Respectfully,
    Saburou Endou
    Director, Dept. of Air Armament"

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Default Re: Real WWII Kamikaze headband?

I was watching to see how high it would go - $240.49 US.

Like this one.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real WWII Kamikaze headband?   Real WWII Kamikaze headband?  

Regards,

Steve.

?

Hey Steve - Yeah, I bid $237.99 myself, so you can imagine I was pretty bummed to be one-upped by somebody else!! But, I think I may have answered my own question. I did a little research, and found out that ones that were marked with the name Endo (Like the one in the pictures I posted) were given to workers at Japanese air/weapon factories, and NOT ones worn by actual Kamikaze pilots. Here's the thread where I found this info in case you were interested:

Don't know what to call this one! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

But if anybody else wants to chime in on this, I'd love to hear. Thanks!

Hey Nick, thanks for the link. I've heard these headbands could have been
    worn by school children too. ( Most Kamikazi types you'd expect
    to be at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.........! )
    Regards,

Steve.

I have owned two of these over the years. Both were direct veteran purchase. In each case, they did not have any writing on the reverse as the examples posted. In each case, the veteran got them directly from a young man who never flew his mission.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I've never seen one with reverse side writing on them either-that were used or intended for combat. I think the patriotic support theory for the factory workers sounds very plausible for this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Dallaspolo
    ?

I know mine is real because I bought mine in the early 50s while I was stationed in Tachikawa Japan
    I have it set in glass air tight to keep it from rotting away. I also have alot of stud from pre Occupied Japan.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Dallaspolo View Post
    I know mine is real because I bought mine in the early 50s while I was stationed in Tachikawa Japan
    I have it set in glass air tight to keep it from rotting away. I also have alot of stud from pre Occupied Japan.
    Welcome to the forum Dallas. Would be nice if you could post some pictures of yours as well as the back story. Would advise you start a new thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)