Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharing

Article about: This is a rear ammo pouch with oiler to share. A pretty good example, stitching is tight and the leather is in pretty good shape. I do not see these very often in this condition. A good exam

Default Rear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharing

This is a rear ammo pouch with oiler to share. A pretty good example, stitching is tight and the leather is in pretty good shape. I do not see these very often in this condition. A good example for future reference. No markings that I can see and I do not know if they were stamped when made.
    John

Rear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharing

Your's also shows faint markings on underside of lid flap. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japan...45-a-604720-2/

Thank you Nick, great info that I did not find in my searches. I think you are correct but probably will not ever be able to make out the markings. One pic in full sun and one in shade. Does wetting leather make the markings show better? I did not want to do unless useful.
    Mine would be 1940's construction with single layer and no screwdriver pocket. I thought this would have been for the type 99 rifle, given the 40's construction and the 99 being the most common rifle at that time. Is that not correct?
    John

Rear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharingRear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharing

Nick is right, there should be markings inside the top flap. That is a nice pouch and a very nice one piece top oiler. Looks like it has a name scratched into the bottom of it.
    Here is a photo of the markings in some of my rear ammo pouches.
    My rubberized example isn't very clear.
    Your pouch has that fuzzy inner surface and sometimes it's really hard to make out what may have been stamped there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharing   Rear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharing  

Rear Ammo Pouch with Oiler for sharing