Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Saki anyone !

Article about: Hi Lad`s , i haven`t seen any of these shown so i thought i`d put these up ! An Imperial Japanese Army Saki bottle , two cups and a tray . The writing on the cup to the left reads KAITAI KIN

?

Default Saki anyone !

Hi Lad`s , i haven`t seen any of these shown so i thought i`d put these up ! An Imperial Japanese Army Saki bottle , two cups and a tray . The writing on the cup to the left reads KAITAI KINEN ( disbandment commemoration ) and KISHIMOTO ( the soldiers name ). The cup to the right reads MANKI KINEN (expiration commemoration - hence the lowered rising sun flag ) and the writing to the underside reads HO38 NO12 (38th-12th infantry ) and HAYASHI ( the soldiers name )

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saki anyone !   Saki anyone !  

Saki anyone !   Saki anyone !  

?

Default Re: Saki anyone !

Very nice, and I think very rare also.. great

?

Hi Zimbo , thanks for your comments these are not rare items , but are good collectibles , and display nicely with other Japanese items ,

cheers Al

Beautiful set, but unfortunately it also revived some old and very bad memories of an experience I had with Saki...have never touched the stuff since....
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Nice saki set.

?

Hi lad`s , i appreciate your comments , and Steve , i usually get that on one too many drams of the old fire water !!

cheers Al

What an amazing set mate can't believei have only just come across this thread. Sake sets are another interest of mine, i have quite a few sake bottles, decanters and cups but not a full set like this.

Amazing quality and craftsmanship.

Cheers-

Darren

I don't collect too much Japanese stuff, but this set i would own, It would look great sitting on my bar.

Thanks for sharing .

Brian

Hi, fantastic looking set, i like it a lot
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Thanks for your comments Nuno
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...