Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Samurai swords

Article about: by Logictox Would anyone say it was worth \\$300? For me to answer that I would have to know your collecting goals. For example, if you collect German and just want an inexpensive wall hanger

Default Samurai swords

Can anyone recommend a forum that deals with samurai swords. I'm being offered one but know little about them.

Thanks

Max

?

Why not try this one , there's a few here that can definitely help you, just post up photos of your intended buys and get some feedback

?

Members like Bob Coleman can certainly give you an answer, as long as you supply the right photos you should be set.
    Ryan

Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look at it. These are the only images I have. Advertised as a late war Katana.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Samurai swords   Samurai swords  

Samurai swords   Samurai swords  

Samurai swords   Samurai swords  

Sorry, not liking this one at all.
    Poorly made even for a late war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, your input is appreciated.

?

IMO this does appear to be an original late war army officers shin gunto, the fittings are very plain and lack the decor of fittings found in swords of earlier production. The Saya is outfitted by a brown leather cover with two snaps that hold it secure, also the Tsuka is loosely wrapped. The standard Menuki used during WWII appears to be missing and the Kashira consists of a brass cap with two butterfly cut-outs that is not fitted as securely as on earlier swords.

Personalty this is a sword I would not go for as it lacks quality, but thats just me.

Please look at these pictures of a almost identical example.
    Attached Images Attached Images Samurai swords  Samurai swords  Samurai swords  Samurai swords  Samurai swords  Samurai swords 

I have encountered these model swords before. All of the ones I have seen had veteran period provenance to China. The blades are very crude and have no temper. I have considered these theater made replacement swords made by local craftsmen with little talent for making swords.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Would anyone say it was worth $300?

save your $300.00 add another 400.+ and get a nice one. I have a late war 1943 katana the blade is very clean,and am happy with it BECAUSE I was told when I started collection try your best to collect nice quality pieces sometimes it's best to pass on one, save a little more and have a blade you can't take your eyes off of . Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast