Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Samurai swords

Article about: by Logictox Would anyone say it was worth \\$300? For me to answer that I would have to know your collecting goals. For example, if you collect German and just want an inexpensive wall hanger

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Would anyone say it was worth $300?
    For me to answer that I would have to know your collecting goals. For example, if you collect German and just want an inexpensive wall hanger then it may be appropriate. If you collect PTO US and want a complimentary piece, then again it may work for you.

However, keep in mind that the value of any edged weapon is in the blade, so if you have any interest in swords or quality then pass it by. It's bottom end in all respects in my view.

Regards,
    Stu
    Last edited by Stu W; 10-04-2013 at 04:41 AM.

It's hard to tell if it's worth 300.00 without see the whole blade.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

This would be a wall hanger only. I collect handguns and these are just display items. My largest concern is no fakes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Samurai swords  

If I were you, I would pass on this one, save a litle more, and look for one that would be worthy of being in your collection.
    I do not really collect Japanese items per say, but I have one that I am happy to own.
    My small Japanese collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    This would be a wall hanger only. I collect handguns and these are just display items. My largest concern is no fakes.
    Then pass it by as it's barely above being called a fake and certainly not worthy of display alongside those Heer sabres.

Regards,
    Stu

I did purchase the sword. Not to worry Stew, it's above the fire place yards away from the Heer Sabres. As long as it's WWII is all I'm concerned with. I know it's probably a cheap war time replacement however to me it still puts in a unique place and time. I got the name of the sailor and his name checked out to the south pacific during the war. The grandson who had the same last name said his grandfather put something on the blade. I believe it has been varnished. At any rate it is a cheap sword and probably not worth the investment. Maybe I need a cheap one so I don't get the bug for them, you can only collect so many different things.

- - Updated - -

The photo of part of the mancave is old. Here is an updated photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Samurai swords   Samurai swords  

Samurai swords   Samurai swords  

Samurai swords  

?

No worries. I of course view it more from the perspective of a sword Japanese collector but if it fits your game plan then it's all good.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2