Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????, No stiches but Kanji Help What is it, and What does it say??

Article about: Hi, brand new here, bought this yesterday from a 77 year old man, said it was given to him and he was told it was taken from a shot Japanese solider , I did some research on net all I could

Default Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????, No stiches but Kanji Help What is it, and What does it say??

Hi, brand new here, bought this yesterday from a 77 year old man, said it was given to him and he was told it was taken from a shot Japanese solider , I did some research on net all I could find was Sennibari but this has no stitches looks like made of tight woven cheese cloth, may have thin cardboard stitched inside to stiffen, Like to know three things at least:
    1. What is it?
    2. What does it say
    3. Value ball park
    any other information regarding it thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????,  No stiches but Kanji  Help  What is it, and What does it say??   Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????,  No stiches but Kanji  Help  What is it, and What does it say??  

Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????,  No stiches but Kanji  Help  What is it, and What does it say??   Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????,  No stiches but Kanji  Help  What is it, and What does it say??  

Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????,  No stiches but Kanji  Help  What is it, and What does it say??   Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????,  No stiches but Kanji  Help  What is it, and What does it say??  

?

Default Re: Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????, No stiches but Kanji Help What is it, and What does it say??

This is a sash worn over the shoulder by women of the....Greater Nippon National Defense Womens Association....Dai Nippon Kokubo Fujinkai...these women would solicit people to put stitches on Senninbari,among other duties. I have no Idea of value.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Senninbari (Thousand Stitch Belt)????, No stiches but Kanji Help What is it, and What does it say??

Thanks so very much, computers are wonderful, I looked up your information and have a pic of a woman with the same kanji on it, still looking for an interpretation of the knaji,

?

It says
    "For a good time call Kiko at Mamma sans, Tokyo."
    I really don't know what it says. Just kidding around.

?

Quote by tinybigsmoke View Post
    Thanks so very much, computers are wonderful, I looked up your information and have a pic of a woman with the same kanji on it, still looking for an interpretation of the knaji,
    I gave you an interpretation of the Kanji in English and Japanese in my post. Are you the one who is 77 years old ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I gave you an interpretation of the Kanji in English and Japanese in my post. Are you the one who is 77 years old ?
    I appreciate the interpretation. I did not know your statement was an interpretation, as it was an incomplete sentence, so no reason to get your panties in a bunch. I see that you are knowledgeable in this subject, so thanks again for the information.
    Last edited by tinybigsmoke; 10-21-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: It is more important to be nice than right, Ghandi?

?

That is a nice sash , a super piece of history , i like it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I have one in my museum, It says from top to bottom " The Great Japanese Army, offensive sector, presented by the Japansese Womens Association, their symbol is the last thing at the bottom. Mine was captured by a US Marine Frank Gifford on Saipan in 1943. The story I have is that it was worn by a kamakazi pilot that had crashed but survived until Frank Gifford shot him and removed the sash. The women in Japan did alot of the departure ceremonies due to the lack of men available who were not fighting.

?

Please post a picture of yours.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    I have one in my museum, It says from top to bottom " The Great Japanese Army, offensive sector, presented by the Japansese Womens Association, their symbol is the last thing at the bottom. Mine was captured by a US Marine Frank Gifford on Saipan in 1943. The story I have is that it was worn by a kamakazi pilot that had crashed but survived until Frank Gifford shot him and removed the sash. The women in Japan did alot of the departure ceremonies due to the lack of men available who were not fighting.
    Appreciate all help on this subject,, If I were to sell mine any idea ball park value??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast