Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shin Gunto Officer Sword Sarute Barrel Help

Article about: Hello Everyone, Happy Thanksgiving! Need some help with a sarute barrel. I can't find one the correct size, I have been given two but they are too small. Does anyone know where I can find on

?

Default Shin Gunto Officer Sword Sarute Barrel Help

Hello Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving! Need some help with a sarute barrel. I can't find one the correct size, I have been given two but they are too small. Does anyone know where I can find one? I have been searching different dealers and can't find one besides the size I have that does not fit. When I got the sword the owner took it apart and damaged the barrel.

Thanks ahead of time!

You might try DaveR over at WehrmachtAwards: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

MAP
    ?

Dave is a member here as well. Same user name.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/member.php?u=43959
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have an extra at home, I will check when I get home from work today.
    Please post a photo of the sarute as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

That looks to be one chunky sarute barrel! I have a similar problem in that one of the ones I have is too short to bridge the kabutogane. Unfortunately those I have are matched to spare kabutogane and nothing the size of yours.

?

Thanks for the help everyone! I do not have a sarute for it. The vet's son who I bought the sword off of said it had the tassel (blue, brown) but he had lost it in a house move with sarute. I am trying to find the correct barrel so I can put on a sarute and tassel. Any thoughts on if it should be metal sarute or rope style?

Appreciate the help guys, Ralph let me know if it is a similar size. Thanks!

Thanks, DaveR!

?

Looking at the diameter of the barrel I would take a guess, and say a silk cord would be the most likely. Nothing to stop you going for a metal one though, IJA officers seem to have happily personalised their swords in a number of ways. Photo's of the whole sword would be nice, and would give further clues as to it's proper style of dress.

?

I will get some pics posted by the weekend of the sword.

I appreciate the help!

Quote by TTT28 View Post
    Ralph let me know if it is a similar size. Thanks!
    Thanks, DaveR!
    Sorry, it is the same size as the other two you posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ralph, I really appreciate you looking!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast