Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Show of Shows question: Japanese Katana

Article about: I will have three tables and will be happy to look at your sword for you. I seriolusly collected Japanese swords for nearly 30 years, studying in Japan under the instruction of some of the f

?

Default Show of Shows question: Japanese Katana

Hey guys my dad said that there was a possibility that he could bring me to the sos show next year. I have this japanese ww2 katana that i havent gotten authenticated and would like to bring it there to get it authenticated. Could i do that? And also would there be people there that specialize in that to do those sort of things.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Default Re: Sos show question

Hello Ryan,

Unless you are flying I see no reason why you couldn't bring it with you. Even then all you would have to do is check it or ship it to your hotel. As for your question about there being anyone there that could do an authentication for you...I think you would have ZERO problem finding someone to help you out. Some of the 'big boys' may charge you a few bucks...but most of the down to earth collectors will do so for free. You don't sound old enough to buy a 'round'...so maybe just a nice thank you would be in order!

Hopefully you can make it next year...if you do maybe you can stop by my table and say "hi"!

All the best,
    Chrys

I will be there next year, reenactment or not! lol

?

Thanks Chrys! It's all up to my dad if were going there or not. We will be driving so no need to worry about the luggage lol. I will make Shure to stop by lol.
    Thanks again
    Ryan

?

I will hopefully be going there with pockets loaded lol. I guess I will have to save from Christmas lol because money burns a hole in my pocket. Can you get some gear pretty cheep there or will it cost you an arm and a leg for a U.S item.

No problem...hope to see you there!

I can't really speak on US items...I collect TR items only.

Sorry!

?

Is everything in the sos show very pricey or does it vary between dealers and items that they are selling.
    Thanks again
    Ryan

You can find deals...you just have to pay attention and talk with everyone that you come into contact with. Most of the time the best deals are not made in the hall...but in the hotel lounges and rooms.

But bring lots of money....lots!

?

I will try lol ill probably get around 450$ for Christmas depending how much I get from my whole family together.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast