Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Simple real or repro

Article about: We'll I know it resembles a type 98 that may have been made later in the war (if it is real) then earlier. I know it's not signed nor does it have any arsenal marks. It's similar to an Army

We'll I know it resembles a type 98 that may have been made later in the war (if it is real) then earlier. I know it's not signed nor does it have any arsenal marks. It's similar to an Army version. It was suspicious to me also, not having any knowledge other the web and the more I researched it the more confused I became. I found alot of useful info at ohmura-study.net, which made me think some of the components looked right but not the blade. Just wanted some help.
    One thing I always try to do each day is help someone with something because I want to, not because I have to or thinking someone is expecting it...because it makes for a better day.

?

Fake from China.

?

Jawspad2000.. You are right. Forgive me for my comments ... And welcome to the WRF... Hey, WE all make judgements based on our knowledge at hand.. Here we laearn and share, right from wrong, best to worst and we make collecting FUN... Again, Welcome to the forum..... Gwar

From the limited images you have posted, this appears to be a genuine shingunto. The blade has been poorly cared for so a definitive opinion on the age or construction is not possible without a hands on examination. What is the length of the cutting edge? Are there any areas in the blade where the temper is visible. The hi or groove in the blade is normally found on hand made blades. If you can post some full length pictures of the blade in a vertical position, I can understand what the sori or curve is. Sorry to not be of more help but Japanese swords are not something that can be appraised from pictures-especially in the present condition. It is not a Chinese fake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    From the limited images you have posted, this appears to be a genuine shingunto. It is not a Chinese fake.
    Everything is wrong on that sword. Its 100% fake sword from China.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2