Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Small Type 90 IJA Helmet

Article about: Hello all,I thought I would post a few pics of the only small size Type 90 in my collection.The liner is dated Showa 16 or 1941 by western calendars.I believe it was never issued.The chinstr

Default Small Type 90 IJA Helmet

Hello all,I thought I would post a few pics of the only small size Type 90 in my collection.The liner is dated Showa 16 or 1941 by western calendars.I believe it was never issued.The chinstraps are the later "silky" type as opposed to the earlier cotton type and although there is some moisture damage around the rim it still has a great look to it.Does anyone recall seeing a small sized helmet with the kanji for small being stamped as opposed to the painted markings ? Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Type 90 IJA Helmet   Small Type 90 IJA Helmet  

Small Type 90 IJA Helmet   Small Type 90 IJA Helmet  

Small Type 90 IJA Helmet  

?

That is a helmet I would be proud to display in my collection

Nice addition Geoff!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

nice helmet!!!! i love IJA stuff,but have nothing.

?

Beautiful example Geoff! Never tire seeing it!

?

That is a gorgeous helmet Geoff. Great piece.

Hi Geoff, To answer your question I have two small helmets which are stamped with the the Kanji for "small" (小) and also have a stamped diamond shape with an "S" in the center. Believe them to have been manufactured by Sumitomo industries. Thanks for sharing the detailed photos of this one!

Diamond with S in center is Kobe Steel. See post 26 of this thread The Evolution of the Japanese Army Steel Helmet (1918-1945) Revised and Expanded Version