MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sword #2 from the collection

Article about: This is the second sword. I believe there will be at least 5, including the sword I posted yesterday.

?

Default Sword #2 from the collection

This is the second sword. I believe there will be at least 5, including the sword I posted yesterday.Sword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collectionSword #2 from the collection

The blade is dated May, 1943. I am having a problem reading the sword maker's name. This is a true gendaito and not a factory made blade. Possibly Guy can make out the maker's name.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

関兼秀作之
    Seki Kanehide saku kore
    This made by Kanehide of Seki

Another of his:

source

--Guy

From a Russian blog:
    Seki Kanehide - real name Isamu Nakata . Born in 1913 in the village of Ōkuwa, Nagano Prefecture . Studied forged in Kochi (Shikoku) in Kawashima Masahide , and later in Seki in Kanenaga Watanabe . In 1941, graduating joined the production swords in Sekitoken Corporation . In 1943 he is listed in " Rikugun dzyumey Tosya ."

After the war, resumed production of swords in 1954, and made ​​them until his death in 1989.

source
    --Guy

Nakata Kanehide's son, 中田正直 Nakata Masanao:

And son's signature:

Ohmura source [bottom of the page].

--Guy

Here's the smith of your sword -- back row, left:

Mechanization forging workshop. Front row right: swordsmith Toki Sukenobu (Yuichi) (studied with Kanenobu swordsmith, uncle on the current Army commissioned swordsmith, of Toa Shiza Co. Toki Kunihiko president.).
    Back row left: Nakata Kanehide (Japanese sword training school, private school student leader period), back row right: (studied with Kanenobu swordsmith) Mitsunobu swordsmith. Subsequently, together they were Army commissioned swordsmiths.
    Ohmura source

--Guy

?

A good Type 3 IJA shin gunto . This variation and simplification to the Koshirae began in 1943 so ties in nicely with the date on the blade .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Nice picture Guy , good to be able to match a man to a blade and be able to see him !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Great job Guy on finding the photo. Really good people here. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

this is a classic example of the form 3 sword with lacquered ito and, although not shown, a rough texture laquered saya. This form of the mount ALWAYS contains a true gendaito. The more common model with standard ito and steel saya always have factory made blades. A nice sword with the bonus of the photo supplied by Guy.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast